woensdag 29 januari 2014

It's Superbowl Time!


Whenever January is about to end, I'm always reminising on the "missed" Super Bowl XXXV...

January 29th, 2001(because we are 6 hours ahead of you Americans)

The date is engraved in my memory, not because of the missing out on the Super Bowl XXXV, but on the birth of my eldest son Michael!

My wife and I were upstairs in our bedroom, she with a huge belly, me with the remote control.

We were counting the time in between contractions, meanwhile watching the pregame ceremonies... Calling the midwife to be told that it might take another couple of hours! So on with the Super Bowl...

When only half an hour later, the time between contractions was getting really smaller, we called again: the response was that it was not yet time, impossible that it was this short between contractions. But she would be on her way to come check it...

15 minutes later, she arrived wondering how it was possible that my wife was so far that she was in labour already. Thank God my mother-in-law was already here to help out, 'cause there was no more time to call on the maternity assistant.

I never got to watch that Super Bowl, but it was OK. I was enjoying my new found Fatherhood (and still am) with my son: Michael Rubin.

Michael because... She said so. Rubin because of a man we both respected and should be respected by everyone: Rubin "Hurricane" Carter!


Today, just days before Super Bowl XLVIII, Michael turns 13... Today he became a real Teenager... So today I want to say: Happy Birthday Dude!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten